Sunday 2 May 2010

Rain

I stood by my window today, clutching the bars.. gazing longingly at one of the most beautiful sights ever..taking in the smell of moist earth and the dancing leaves..loving the sprinkle of mist on my face..

It could just be me going over the top with this.. but I have always felt, rain is a manifestation of the eternal romantic that Nature is.. that She’s trying to spread the magic of pure romanticism..that She’s trying to eradicate the dryness in our lives.. And I guess she’s been pretty successful with it :) . Are there many around who wouldn’t love to talk a walk in the rain, holding hands with his/her love?

Having been in Kerala all my life (minus last 3 years), Monsoon has been seamlessly weaved into my memories.. the beautiful ones in childhood include starting school in June with rain pouring down on us.. stretching my hands out to feel those rain-drops after being strictly warned against going out in rain..The best part about monsoons in Kerala is the visual treat of endless greenery dancing and enjoying themselves in rains.. it’s one of those things that can calm you down instantly and help your mind relax, whatever be the turmoil its going through.. After moving to Hyd, I made sure I never miss the rains.. be it taking long walks at night in my colony..or risking our lives and travelling on road during stints of heavy rain :).

On a side note..what one might find as breath-takingly beautiful on a day might be viewed as depressingly gloomy by another..in that context, Lady Nature could be empathising with one's pain and sharing her tears.. Rain, in that way, can be reflective of one's mood..And the ease with which it bonds itself with our soul is what I am in awe of.

10 comments:

NR said...

Ha, i was traveling today during the rain, again in an auto, and got a blast of water, guess where - again near Srinagar Colony!

ashwinsudhir said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxITgDB_8ow&feature=related

Vineetha said...

@naru - But you dint have dvd n me with you, this time.. :)

@Ashwin- guess what, I have been listening to that masterpiece track- "megham poothu thudangi..", since eve..

Shalu said...

@Naru : And with a plastic cover over your head :D..

@Vinee : Good post.. Always loved the rains... Missing Kerala :(..

d \/ d said...

The best part was , landing in Begumpet skin dripping.. and it had not even drizzled in dat part of the city! poor Naru.. was so embarrassed on getting wet, that he decided to dry himself at the nearby petrol pump first than come to the mall with us :D

cvraman said...

I Drove Around the City just after the rains... It was a heavenly feeling

Renjith said...

I never really loved the rain when I was in Kerala but I'm enjoying every bit of it now. May be law of diminishing marginal utility is actually true.

@naru
at least this time I didn't call you to get back fast!

Satish K Mantha said...

Rains are truly magical. :-) But, people who hate the gloomy rainy days are quite a few around me; it's surprising.

"stretching my hands out to feel those rain-drops after being strictly warned against going out in rain" -- haha, I've done that too and it's the most fun in both ways, esp. as a kid -- that you felt the raindrops and that you broke the "rules"! :D

ShAjiN said...

awesome work.. congrads.

atticus said...

"On a side note..what one might find as breath-takingly beautiful on a day might be viewed as depressingly gloomy by another..in that context, Lady Nature could be empathising with one's pain and sharing her tears.. "

Very well put.